Tuesday, March 6, 2007

Who knew you'd need to know so much?

So I finally realized the health risks associated with most disposable diapers and decided to make our 7 month old daughter a cloth diapered baby. WHO KNEW YOU NEEDED TO KNOW SO MUCH! Like- which diapers fit best for day time, for night time, under clothes - which ones last the longest- how do you wash them, what is "stripping" them- and why do you need to strip them? What is the difference between an insert, a doubler, a pocket diaper, an all in one -why can't you use certain detergents or fabric softener on them? Which size should you get- snaps or velcro..... How much will this cost? There is so much to learn. So I've decided to create a blog of my journey- post what everything I research and find- and put it here so you maybe can avoid some of the lengthy time spent trying to figure it all out. I welcome comments from anyone who has tips as this will be a shared journey.

No comments: